Wednesday 21 December 2016

Cambridge Blues - cross fertilisation form a workshop.....new work!


Back in August, I ran the Family Art Studio drop in workshop at the Broadway Gallery in Letchworth Garden City. We made paper collages based on Willow Pattern Plates. It worked so well... you can see the blog post HERE  It set my mind thinking and running! What about Cambridge works in just blue?! It would be a real challenge and it would be something different too......I have been feeling a bit stuck in a rut lately. I'd met up with my friend Pauline that I met many years ago when we did our college degree together. She is a head of art at a secondary school and its always great to meet and chat about art together. She has been going to an evening class to do academic painting and one of the disciplines she is doing, is working in monochrome. The willow pattern workshop and Pauline's comments stuck in my head! To just stick with blues?! can I manage it and make something that works?!

Its funny that isn't it when something relatively insignificant thought sticks in your mind and stays lodged there.....

So I had a go and these are the first two of what I hope will be a real series, that I just want to entitle Cambridge Blues. I think its a cool title... gets my creative juices flowing. This is what is so good about running workshops. Its great meeting new people and enjoying the moments of making art together, but its also great inspiration for me and gives me lots of new ideas, a cross fertilisation really that sets me onto a whole new journey....




No comments:

Post a Comment