Monday 20 June 2016

Take one little Robin... adult workshop at Knuston Hall

I have to say I love teaching adults. 

I have just run another workshop for adults at Knuston Hall just near Wellingborough. Its the first time for me to be a tutor there so I was a bit nervous. Every place you run a workshop has its own unique feel and way of doing things. And each time you run a workshop you know its a whole new set of people that you have to engage and encourage and make sure that they get great results to take home. I design things carefully so that people go home with a little wadge of things they have finished and created. 

Adults feel much more at ease and secure if they aren't flung in at the deep end at once, so I usually start with an image drawn onto paper that they can get cutting into straight away. The bird is a favourite with everyone I teach paper cutting. Its so customisable and also teaches the main principles really clearly and manage-ably for beginners. I often draw the birds out before hand, but at Knuston Hall I had more time as the day ran from 9.15am - 4.45pm. I think it was really good for everyone to see me drawing in front of them. Its showed my skills as an artist, but also showed them how to do it more effectively that words ever would!



     


And this was my little robin that I brought to use as an example. I never really mind if people copy mine. If it gets their creative juices flowing and gives them the confidence to do more and experiment in baby steps as they go, then thats all to the good.



No comments:

Post a Comment