Thursday 11 June 2015

Its been VERY busy! - have moved house.....

Its been extraordinarily busy since January! Not only has the Slices of Life exhibition at Salisbury Museum been put up - more news soon of that as its a big thing! I have also moved house and county!!! We moved at the beginning of April to Arlesey in Bedfordshire. Its just over the border from Hertfordshire so I have moved about 13 miles, but it feels very different here. I havent lived in a village since I left home at 19 and its so fantastic to be back in a village. we arent on a main road so all I can hear are the birds and the trains in the distance as they go down the East Coast mainline. Sometimes I can hear the football at Arlesey Town Football Club, but beyond that, its very quiet and laid back.

The house is so lovely. Not very wide but extends to a garden of 120 feet at the back, it over looks a paddock with horses grazing. I keep pinching myself its real and that I am not in a holiday home that I have to vacate after a couple of weeks!! Its got this wonderful kitchen window cut through. I think that will be a place to make still life's and draw. draw, draw....



The kitchen cut through window......

Horses grazing out the back....

Down by the river with buttercups that spread as far as I can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment