Wednesday 14 May 2014

Hoos Kids Book Fest - May 11th - huge sticky vinyl collage!

Last Sunday  I took part in Hoos Kids Book Fest at Luton Hoo Walled Garden! It was such a wonderful day - and the first time I have done a large scale piece with the sign writers vinyl that I have started using as a new medium. Its such wonderful stuff - and rescued from a local sign writers as it was in their mistakes boxes! It would only be going to landfill, so I was very pleased that they donated it to me to use. A MASSIVE thank you to Character Signs in Stevenage!

The day started at 10.30 pm and ran until 5pm, with events and talks throughout the day. It was a full on day full of noise and chattering and a lot of very happy children! Miffy was even there! That appealed to my inner 5yr old!

The final piece will be used again and again at the Walled Garden at Luton Hoo. As the vinyl is waterproof, durable, fade less for 5-10 years - its got plenty of long term uses. I was determined to design something that had longevity and wasn't just a collaborative piece that was thrown away at the end of the day.

To see more photos of the day - visit my schools blog:  Vanessa Stone in Schools


Mums, dads, grandparents and children of all ages had a go!

My greetings cards were available to buy too and examples of the sticky vinyl works....

It got busier and busier!

The tree as it neared completion...it was made working on a table top...

Detail of the leaves and the vibrancy of the colour tree

Signing it in record of the day!

The colour tree in all its glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment