Tuesday 7 January 2014

Eastern Approaches - University of Hertfordshire Open Exhibition...plucking up courage...winning a prize!!!


Well, after a fair few years I plucked up the courage to submit work to the open exhibition the University of Hertfordshire runs each year.  I never felt that my work was good enough so chickened out of submitting. Then this year came round and I thought "what the heck!" nothing ventured, nothing gained..... and so I submitted three pieces. I thought two of the ones I submitted has a chance... they were to do with the bitter sweetness of life and about coming to terms with my fathers' Parkinson's. Then as an outside shot I submitted my little bunny one as its essentially the most Vanessa. Whimsical and joyous, it wasn't about anything too deep...just a fantasy that bubbled up from the deep. 

And blow me! I was awarded the Alumni prize!  

I was so chuffed and surprised and delighted too! You can see on my face I was pleased.

The last chance to see the show is this coming Sunday - click here for more info about visitor times.


UH Alumni prize winner!

a run of lovely works by artists in the East of England...

The winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment