Sunday 17 November 2013

Getting across what the surface of my work looks like.... some close-up photos


One of the biggest problems I have encountered is photographing my work so people can see what they really look like. Photos taken straight on show the composition but never really show the surface. I often cut through several layers of paper, so the pieces are very much constructed. Cut and stuck and re-cut again. So I took some photos on this grey November morning. The light was lovely - cool and grey and perfect to capture the surfaces on the cut paper. I am having one of those working through the lists doing days....time for another coffee I think!

Gannock House, Tempsford, Bedfordshire

"I still believe" close-up

Ickwell Village illustration for Discover Bedfordshire

"The Path" close up

"The Path" close up of the little bird



No comments:

Post a Comment