Monday 30 May 2011

"Capturing Cambridge" exhibition Byard Art - Private View

It was the Private View at Byard Art for the start of the "Capturing Cambridge" exhibition of contemporary artists interpretations of the city of Cambridge. The other artists apart from myself are - Eleanor Curtis, Gareth Hacon,Elisabeth Lecourt, Beckie Reed, David Rhys Jones, Kevin Safe, Helaina Sharpley and Claire Turner.
Jewellery by Cambridge designers Lottie Farman and Rosy Gournaris.

For the show I have made en of my strongest pieces yet. Strong in their composition but also Ihave included elemnts that have more meaning than just using virgin paper and making a picture of a building. I have included myself and my husband as figures in the cut below. We honeymooned in Cambridge and have lovely memories from then. In other works there are two phone boxes together symbolic of a couple and in another the map I have used to drive to Cambridge all the years was used as the ground in front of Kings College Chapel.

"Love and the Round Church"

No comments:

Post a Comment