Saturday 30 April 2011

The Science Museum - a mini trip and dodecahedron's - I think....

Walking over the glass bridge at the Science Museum and looking down....


After the Design Museum I had the chance with my son to fit in a mini visit to the The Science Museum. Its one of my son's favourite places. Even at 14, he still gets excited about seeing things that have engineering at the heart of them and just floors and floor of techy thingummies.I love seeing the rockets - just thes cale of them always amazes me. And I love the Victorian engineering on show. When we went there was one of the big pumps working and that was magical. Such a sight and sound.

I found these fantastic shapes in a case. If we had had more time I would have read about them. Instead it was a fleeting piccy taken and onto the next thing. We actually only had about 45 minutes there, so time was very tight. I just loved these mathematical shapes though. Loved looking at the shapes and the structure made and the patterns formed. Maths and art. Fab.







No comments:

Post a Comment