Monday 28 February 2011

A grey day and a head in sunny Norfolk and Wells-next-the-Sea

Its been such a grey, grey day here in Letchworth. Its started grey and it finished grey with only a small break in the very fine drizzle that came with the grey. I was getting oprganised - the deadline for delivering my recent pieces to Byard Art for them to take to the Affordable Art Fair in London soon is looming up scarily quickly. I need to deliver the work this Sunday and as yet I have only framed up couple of pieces. Thats mainly as its been half term and I have to significantly swap heads and be mum and make sure the kids are entertained and happy. It also that means squeezing my work into the gaps in between. I managed to get cutting though in a few hours here and there and its great to see a new body of work emerge. At long last I have managed to get some London cuts done, and today I started another quest to translate into paper, that of some of the architecture in Norfolk. We go on holiday to North Norfolk each year really. Its a place apart and a slower life that does me good. Its good to be out of the loop for a while and have no mobile signal! Wells-next-the-sea is a much treasured place. Its a small little port perfect for crabbing and playing in sand dunes and just being about doing nothing except eating the odd ice cream here and there. From Wells-next-the-sea you can walk to Holkham beach and thats where the beach really opens up to a wide expanse and dunes as far as you can see. These little beach huts are further in and brightly painted in strong primaries and hues. They look very jolly and very seasidey! And crying out to be made as cuts.

In this picture I have just started to make the piece. Coloured papers will feature too underlaid under the black outlines. And I will be using a wonderful semi textured brown paper for the sand. Its lovely to have ny head stuck in sunny holiday Norfolk when its so utterly grey here!

No comments:

Post a Comment