Sunday 16 January 2011

Where the heck did two months go?? part one...

So, the last post I did on here was 18th November!!! 18th November!! and its almost the 18th January. Where the heck has the time gone???? The run up to Christmas is always busy a I often have commissions to complete for Christmas presents. This year too my fathers health has been declining more with the beast of Parkinson's taking more and more of him. I would like to say it gets easier, bu tit just doesn't. In most things in life you can have a positive slant, but on this you can't, its a lose/lose situation. so the answer?? to appreciate the now as much as I can.

A commission I completed this Christmas though I was particularly pleased with. It was for a lady called Julie Ann Baker, a present for her fiance. She particularly wanted a couple walking along a beach, birds in the air and the partial words of the piece " Where I belong" I have cut in the past in an aqua ribbed textured paper. Since the show at Letchworth Art Centre recently, where I was focusing on cut poetry and using text and image together, my head has been still tussling with those two lions in a piece. They fight so much, each wanting dominance, each wanting to steal the limelight, each wanting to roar - I was beginning to feel I could only tame them separately. This commission for Julie Ann though worked! HURRAH!! All the elements seemed to fit and the balance works well. All I need now is to know what she thinks when she sees it for real. It was posted off on Thursday afternoon, so I will get to know soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment